Johnny Appleseed encourages good savings habits and gives parents and grandparents a way to help instill the traditional values of thrift and regular savings. Johnny Appleseed also teaches the importance of preserving our environment and natural resources.
The Johnny Appleseed Junior Ecology Club is available to children 12 and under. Club members receive a welcome kit that includes a calendar with a dime saver and a bookmark. After your first month of membership, you’ll start receiving a postcard every other month. Bring the card to the Credit Union, make at least a $5.00 deposit to your share account and you’ll receive a different gift each month.
Financial habits start early. Open a Johnny Appleseed Kids Club Savings Account for your child or grandchild. Stop by any Access of Louisiana FCU branch or contact a Member Service Representative at 337-436-1250 or 800-556-2274 to sign your kids up today!
Help “plant the seeds” of responsible money management today!
School is back in session and your credit union wants to be sure that you know about our rewards program for good students. Access of Louisiana FCU believes in investing in the future of youth members, and will reward hard work and excellence in school not only through the scholarship program, but also with Report Card Rewards. All youth members, K-12, will be eligible to have money deposited into his or her savings account for receiving a great report card.
- Students may earn $1.00 for Honor Roll and $2.00 for Banner Roll each six or nine weeks (depends on their school of attendance).
- All students that submit a report card, each six or nine weeks, will then be entered into a drawing for a reward of $25.00 for Honor Roll and $35.00 for Banner Roll.
- Students may submit a copy of their report card at any of our branch locations. Be sure to include your name, account number and address on your report card when submitting a copy to the credit union.
- Report cards will be accepted for the most recent grading period only.
Access of Louisiana FCU will congratulate any member who receives a diploma of completion from an accredited high school, college, university, community college, or technical/vocational school with a gift of $50.00.
Access of Louisiana FCU will award two scholarships each year to credit union members who are pursuing a full-time program at any accredited college, university, community college or technical/vocational school of the student’s choice. The scholarship will be paid in two installments at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters.
- The Neffie Rhorer Memorial Scholarship – The scholarship is available to all members of the credit union who are pursuing a full-time program at any accredited college or university, in any field of study.
- Clara Gillard Scholarship – The scholarship is available to all members of the credit union who are pursuing a full-time program at any technical school.
The application, with all requested information and supporting documentation, must be received by the scholarship committee no later than March 31st of each year. Members may request that an application packet be mailed beginning January 31st of each year.
Applications must be submitted by mailing them to:
Access of Louisiana FCU
4400 Maplewood Dr
Sulphur, LA 70663